Wednesday 5 November 2014

Trapped

I am tired,
Weary of the world,
Its inhabitants and its petty problems.
Angry, at being misunderstood,
Mistreated, set aside
As just another casualty of the system.
I am angry at the world I live in,
Angry at previous generations
For handing us a broken world
And expecting us to fix it.
I am tired of trying
To prove to others I deserve to be here,
I am done trying, done holding it in.
I will scream and fight
For myself and all the others like me,
Who feel cheated by the system
They were brought-up to believe in.
Its time to rise up, denounce all
The injustice done to us.
I am no longer the quiet girl in the back of the class,
You will hear me loud and clear,
For I am just like you;
Angry, tired, desperate for a change
In a dismissive world.
I will scream until you hear me
Until changes are done,
Until something is fixed,
Until students don't feel trapped
Nauseous at the thought alone of school.
Something is wrong with the system
When students would rather die,
Than learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment